• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Looking for left handed upper with right side charge handle. Does it exist?

Old Place

Looking for a left hand upper with a right side charge handle reciprocating or non. I actually would prefer a reciprocating. I've been searching but I didn't see any but I can't seem to keep at the AR15 stuff out of searches no matter how many versions of searches I've done.

Edited by Old Place

50 minutes ago, Old Place said:

Thanks, looking for a side charge handle in particular. Definitely as a southpaw, you get use to casings coming across your field of vision. But figured if someone knows of one somewhere.

I've never seen a lefty version of a large AR, there's probably one out there somewhere but I wouldn't know where to point you....

• 2 months later...

Stag Arms makes a lefty DPMS pattern AR-10 (don't let the receiver parting line fool you as it's just their thing). Very good quality stuff. I'm a lefty as well but I'm building my own with a blemished receiver set from them that's righty - sadly all they had for blem. Even blem parts are great though. I have a couple tool marks but even those are minimal because the finish is still excellent and covers it well.

https://www.stagarms.com/stag-10-firearms/?_bc_fsnf=1&Caliber=.308&Ejection+Orientation=Left-Handed+Ejection

• 1 month later...

Thanks! I ended up getting the Gibbz. I've only shot 40 rounds through it as I'm waiting for sights. I spent way too much on this "build" if you want to call it that. Complete franken gun, hahaha. I now think I would have rather have had a reciprocating bolt style, but it works fine. My only real complaint from the Gibbz is the edges are kind of sharp on the charging handle. If it ever gets refinished, I'll machine some of the harsh corners.