• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Monopod for PRS Gen 3?

Hope this is in the right section.  If not, please move it and show me the err of my ways, oh 308AR modgods. 
  I’ve been scouring the interwebs for a monopod that will work with the PRS Gen 3. Sadly, it’s been a mostly fruitless endeavor. I’ve yet to find either a variant that can direct attach to MLOK or one that will work with the rail (is really a rail?) under the MLOK cover. Closest I’ve found is Sage International’s PMRI-MR/G3

http://www.sageinternationalltd.com/SIL/PMRIMR-G3.html

Not a bad piece of kit at all, but I’m trying to find some direct attachment solution.

Anyone found something better?

On 6/16/2020 at 12:57 PM, Knuckledragger said:

Hope this is in the right section.  If not, please move it and show me the err of my ways, oh 308AR modgods. 
  I’ve been scouring the interwebs for a monopod that will work with the PRS Gen 3. Sadly, it’s been a mostly fruitless endeavor. I’ve yet to find either a variant that can direct attach to MLOK or one that will work with the rail (is really a rail?) under the MLOK cover. Closest I’ve found is Sage International’s PMRI-MR/G3

http://www.sageinternationalltd.com/SIL/PMRIMR-G3.html

Not a bad piece of kit at all, but I’m trying to find some direct attachment solution.

Anyone found something better?

I've used the AccuShot monopod with great success. I've always just used the sling stud mount version, but recently purchased a BT13-QK (rail-mount, 4.75"-5.65") for my CSASS rifle. As it turns out, I can't estimate height for sh­­ìt, and what I have is too short for what I need. [EDIT: Waiting for the peanut gallery to chime in here...]

If that height range will work for you, I'll make you a deal. I'd rather hook you up than go through the returns process for OpticsPlanet/DVOR at this point.

Only test fitted, never fielded. Original packaging is long gone. I don't have a pic of mine handy, but here's a link to the product page.

https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/accu-shot-monopods-official-manufacturer/63-bt13-qk-prm-precision-rail-monopod-mid-range-with-qk02-quick-knob.html

Edited by COBrien

1 hour ago, COBrien said:

I've used the AccuShot monopod with great success. I've always just used the sling stud mount version, but recently purchased a BT13-QK (rail-mount, 4.75"-5.65") for my CSASS rifle. As it turns out, I can't estimate height for sh­­ìt, and what I have is too short for what I need. [EDIT: Waiting for the peanut gallery to chime in here...]

If that height range will work for you, I'll make you a deal. I'd rather hook you up than go through the returns process for OpticsPlanet/DVOR at this point.

Only test fitted, never fielded. Original packaging is long gone. I don't have a pic of mine handy, but here's a link to the product page.

https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/accu-shot-monopods-official-manufacturer/63-bt13-qk-prm-precision-rail-monopod-mid-range-with-qk02-quick-knob.html

I did the height estimate as it’s described on Accu-shot’s site. At minimum extension on my bipod and level, it needs about 5”. At full bipod extension and level, it needs 8”. 
  This might work..... 🤔

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2020 at 5:58 AM, Knuckledragger said:

Update: Big thank you to @COBrien for hooking me up. It works great on my setup. I’m still going to try to get that piece from SAGE Int’l, as it feels like it wanders a lot when adjusting due to the angle. 

No problem at all, brother!

I've run the sling stud-mounted version on an A2 stock, and the slight angle that's left does make it want to walk a bit. I tend to use the monopod as a grip for my support hand, while letting the monopod support the weight of the rifle.