• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

CMMG 308

survivalshop

• 4 weeks later...

I received one of the SASS .308's today from CDNN. Barrel is marked win 308, a call to CMMG said using 7.62X51 NATO was OK. Very nice fit and finish. Hopefully I will take it to the range tomorrow for it's first outing. FWIW CDNN also has a MAGPUL MOE equipped CMMG on their site as well that has a 16" SS Full Float barrel. The 2 stage trigger on the one I received has a nice crisp  feeling similar to my Rock River 2 stage.

Post pics of your rifle, or you don't have one.  :o

I can't believe how many people have these, and NOBODY puts up pics of them.  I don't get that...  <dontknow>

No harm against you, z3406, but it's just another post by another owner - with no real reports.  If you can, put up pics, put up pics of shotgroups, anything... 

The pic of the rifle on your post ahead of mine is the same as my rifle didn't see much point in posting another pic of the same  rifle. I tried to convey my initial impression of fit finish and function. I also addressed an issue for other potential purchasers  by sharing the results of my following up on shooting 7.62X51 in a barrel marked .308 Win. I said I hadn't shot it yet so what else do you expect??. Some additional information it ships in a cardboard box not a hard case has 2 Magpul mags with it and 3 two inch rail sections in a small bag for mounting on the handguard. Page 30 of the currently downloadable CDNN catalog 2011-4 has a pretty good pic of the rifle and a listing of its features. I have no connection with CDNN but I understand that they are the sole source for these rifles presently.

Not trying to get under your skin, man, not at all.  Sorry about that.

I just see alot of people talking about this rifle, and it was pretty hard to even find a pic of one thus far.  Just curious for more information, of any type, about it.  <thumbsup>

Here are some pics of my CMMG 308 with a Fulton Armory Titan Phantom 20" with flattop + Side Cocking. Phantom style free float tube. One 3 Inch Rail sling swivel and Flash Suppressor. Less than 50 rounds through it, says the seller from Calguns.

Lower is a CMMG, DPMS magazine compatible, With a Magpul PRS stock Contoured and palm shelf. And Raddlock Bullet Button (the new generation one that can go up and down).

I added the Red Dot 30mm and a UTG bipod ($27.00). Have not shot it yet. Bought from a guy on Calguns. I will get out to the range before Turkey Day and report back.

post-1191-136297269787_thumb.jpg

post-1191-13629726979_thumb.jpg

post-1191-136297269794_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

CMMG's two models are on my list of possibilities. Any and all range reports and/or issues (if any) are greatly appreciated. If possible, I'd be interested in their reliability with the "cheap" fodder, i.e. basic WWB, UMC, and if willing some steel cased ammo.

I know, I know. To some steel cased ammo is anathema, but bulk of what I'd shoot through it is going to be the lighter weight bullets, a.k.a. affordable, ammo be it steel and/or brass. Rarely would I be running FGMM or other match ammo through it due to the fact my wallet couldn't take it!  :'(