• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

6mm arc 10.5" Pencil barrel

willbird

The whole reason for building this rifle really was to make something that would fit into this soft case. Any reason will do but that was it :-).  So it does fit :-). General idea is a truck gun. In my state with CCW I can keep it in the vehicle in the case locked and loaded legally.

arc case.jpg

arc in case.jpg

Loaded some ammo today. Quickly worked up to the maximum LeverRevolution load with 108 ELD. I have another 6mm arc I built using the "leftover" Brownells 14.5 barrel which has 1/8 twist, it will get it's own thread but it comes into play here. The 14.5 functioned and locked back on an empty magazine, the 12.5 did NOT. Hmm. Took them apart and checked gas port size (new rule will be to check WHILE assembling). Hmm 14.5 has .076" gas port, the 12.5 has .0635". Both carbine gas. OK....drilled the 12.5 out to .076 and it too functions and locks back on an empty magazine :-).

Good excuse to build more than 1 rifle at a time :-). 

11 hours ago, willbird said:

Hmm 14.5 has .076" gas port, the 12.5 has .0635". Both carbine gas. OK....drilled the 12.5 out to .076 and it too functions and locks back on an empty magazine :-).

Good excuse to build more than 1 rifle at a time :-). 

I think my 6 ARC 12.5" Faxon barrel was 0.070" gas port, carbine gas, 0.750" journal.  I didn't post that in the gas port info thread, but I'm pretty sure I posted it in the build thread.  No harm going over, you know it's gonna work.  :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I think my 6 ARC 12.5" Faxon barrel was 0.070" gas port, carbine gas, 0.750" journal.  I didn't post that in the gas port info thread, but I'm pretty sure I posted it in the build thread.  No harm going over, you know it's gonna work.  :thumbup:

With two rifles same caliber I just decided to make them the same :-). Figured if the 14.5 worked it had 2" more barrel time until bullet exit so the 12.5 should not end up "more gassed" than the 14.5. It was kinda a leap of faith and "hey it's mine" kinda decision :-). Worst case would have been needing a heavier buffer or an adj gas block :-). That is the first gas port I ever drilled :-). 

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You need to hang out with me more, man - I punch these things up all the time.  :laffs:

Well I have all the machinery to do it :-), just got lucky so far I guess :-). I remember looking at it while assembling thinking "man that hole is tiny" lol. Not sure what they were thinking.