• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.308 loads need help!!

Magen24v

Hey all hope everyone’s having a good Sunday night! I recently picked up a Diamondback DB-10 AR-10 chambered in .308 but manual says it’s also chambered for 7.62x51. I shoot only .308 of it now as I’ve had malfunctions and jams shooting 7.62x51 primarily with PPU 7.62x51. But anyways I’d like to make some loads and would like some advice on what loads are best. My AR-10 has got the 16 inch barrel, I’ve got Fed cases, Fed 210 primers, Sierra 168 B T H P bullets, and IMR 4895 powder. I’m thinking about starting my load at 43 gr. What do you guys think? I figure I’d ask and get some help and advice so I don’t have to sit here forever and figure out which loads will and won’t work. Many thanks all!

40 minutes ago, Magen24v said:

I’ve got Fed cases, Fed 210 primers, Sierra 168 B T H P bullets, and IMR 4895 powder. I’m thinking about starting my load at 43 gr. What do you guys think?

Have you been reloading for more than a minute?  Experienced, is what I'm asking.   1st post, no background, and no info on your experience with reloading mentioned.

Please elaborate.  Maybe hit the Intro Section, and tell us about yourself.  Before we give out load data that will blow up in your face. Hope that makes sense. 

Questions about your gun hardware will be inbound, shortly. Recoil system details, gas system details.  The usual things we ask of people.  Might as well just give up those details right now, and shortcut the process.  You might not even have a load problem - but a gun problem.  You always have to fix the gun, first.  Otherwise, you're wasting your time pissing around with loads tailored to a gun that doesn't work, just to try to get it to work.

Rip up the Intro Section.  :thumbup:

In the mean time, check out this thread right here - this is the "usual" thatwe need from people, just to figure out the gun, first, which is the most important step.  Working gun, THEN, working loads for a working gun...  If we have to waterboard you for information about your gun, we become quite pissed.  Hope that makes sense, too. 

Edited by 98Z5V

26 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Have you been reloading for more than a minute?  Experienced, is what I'm asking.   1st post, no background, and no info on your experience with reloading mentioned.

Please elaborate.  Maybe hit the Intro Section, and tell us about yourself.  Before we give out load data that will blow up in your face. Hope that makes sense. 

Questions about your gun hardware will be inbound, shortly. Recoil system details, gas system details.  The usual things we ask of people.  Might as well just give up those details right now, and shortcut the process.  You might not even have a load problem - but a gun problem.  You always have to fix the gun, first.  Otherwise, you're wasting your time pissing around with loads tailored to a gun that doesn't work, just to try to get it to work.

Rip up the Intro Section.  :thumbup:

In the mean time, check out this thread right here - this is the "usual" thatwe need from people, just to figure out the gun, first, which is the most important step.  Working gun, THEN, working loads for a working gun...  If we have to waterboard you for information about your gun, we become quite pissed.  Hope that makes sense, too. 

Yeah I have been for a little while. Father taught me most of what I know and still learning. I’ll get that list together in the morning