• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Tennessee Arms compatable .308 magazine??

Mark123

Hello group, this is my first posting. I am not well versed in .308 so excuse my ignorance. I just ordered a Tennessee Arms complete lower. I am trying to purchase a magazine that will fit it. From their website it says: DPMS GEN 1 308 COMPATIBLE. --That is about all I have to go in. I am having a hard time locating a magazine with that spec. I am starting to think ordering a gen 1 may not have been a good idea? Do you know if I have to order a Gen 1? Anyway I am completely lost and hope someone here can help steer me to what I am looking for or if any of you have a Tennessee arms what kind of magazine you purchased that works? Thank you so much for your help. Mark

Ok, thank you. I have not shopped there but will visit now. I keep finding DPMS gen 3 a lot. I am looking at one on another site that says ProMag DPMS LR-308/SR-25 .308 Win. Magazine 20 Rounds Steel Black DPM-A1 -- Not sure what the DPM-A1 means is that a different way to say Gen 1? I just checked CDNN, I typed in DPMS and I was given two choices one labeled :SPRINGFIELD M1A M14 308WIN 20RD PROMAG MAGAZINE. One labeled :AR 40RD 308 BLACK POLY PROMAG. Sorry for my lack of knowledge. I am new to .308 except for a bold action rifle I have. I thought I would branch out but am struggling finding magazines that say gen 1. Thank you again

Thank you so much everyone!!! I have seen M3 all day and thought that was gen 3 and I was under the impression only gen 1 would work. That is awesome  that I can use M3 magazines. I am not a wealthy individual and could not afford a complete .308 at once. I think it will be fun and a learning experience building my own weapon. It will probably take me a while to finish the build. Having a completed lower and some mags seemed like a good first step. Thanks again for your help. 

Thank you so much for your help. The Lancer L7AWM looks like an top notch product. After I got feed back last night I ordered 3 20 round magazines and a couple 10 round ones from the link that was provided to Magpul. If I have any difficulties I will certainly turn to the Lancer product. The weapon in the picture above is one fine looking gun. Thank you so much for your help. Mark

1 minute ago, Mark123 said:

Thank you so much for your help. The Lancer L7AWM looks like an top notch product. After I got feed back last night I ordered 3 20 round magazines and a couple 10 round ones from the link that was provided to Magpul. If I have any difficulties I will certainly turn to the Lancer product. The weapon in the picture above is one fine looking gun. Thank you so much for your help. Mark

If you have any difficulties with the MagPul mags, after ordering them from anything that I stated, then I'll buy them from you, and cut your loss.  I have plenty of guns that run them well, and that's my money-back guarantee, based on my recommendation. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...