• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What happen here?

Lr-308FUn

21 hours ago, Lr-308FUn said:

I have done it this way for over 20 years and never had an issue. Also, those barrel extensions are torqued down to 175+ ft lbs and a loc-tight is used as well, one can clearly see in those pics that there is no loc-tight on those threads of that barrel extension. 

You're full of shiit.  Loc-Tite is never used on barrel extensions, at all - torque is all that it ever needs.  In fact, Loc-Tite isn't use ANYWHERE in an AR build - it's not called for ANYWHERE, in an AR build.  So, in light of that - you're full of shiit. 

I don't think you used ANY kind of timing device - but if you did - then post a picture of your "crushed crush washer..." I think YOU fucked this BA barrel up, all by yourself, because you slapped that brake on there, and you didn't know any better between brake and barrel nut - and you tried to time that thing with nothing in between it - and YOU cracked that barrel extension loose.

That's just what I see here, from what you've said and denied.  It's not hard to see.

BA didn't fuk that barrel up - but you sure did.  Because you don't know what you're doing.  You haven't been doing this for 20 years, either... 

Oh - by the way - you had no fucking CLUE what the barrel extension torque was, until I stated it.  Not a clue. 

Edited by 98Z5V

21 hours ago, Lr-308FUn said:

I used a crush washer, like I always when installing a muzzle brake.

Cool - so you say!  So answer the main question...

On 5/26/2021 at 10:16 PM, 98Z5V said:

What was the outcome here?   1st - Did BA take care of you? 

What did BA do for you, once you fucked up their barrel?...  :popcorn:

BA did nothing, they told me that I had to send it back to the supplier were I purchased it from. I did, got a refund, and then purchased the same barrel from a different supplier. The new barrel work well. I had to wait for my BCG, the first one I purchased wasn't headspacing correctly. I returned it and got a new one the new BCG headspace was spot on. I have got about 200+ rounds through it and it performs perfectly. 

IMG_20210506_162558_770.jpg

Edited by Lr-308FUn

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

You're full of shiit.  Loc-Tite is never used on barrel extensions, at all - torque is all that it ever needs.  In fact, Loc-Tite isn't use ANYWHERE in an AR build - it's not called for ANYWHERE, in an AR build.  So, in light of that - you're full of shiit. 

I don't think you used ANY kind of timing device - but if you did - then post a picture of your "crushed crush washer..." I think YOU fucked this BA barrel up, all by yourself, because you slapped that brake on there, and you didn't know any better between brake and barrel nut - and you tried to time that thing with nothing in between it - and YOU cracked that barrel extension loose.

That's just what I see here, from what you've said and denied.  It's not hard to see.

BA didn't fuk that barrel up - but you sure did.  Because you don't know what you're doing.  You haven't been doing this for 20 years, either... 

Oh - by the way - you had no fucking CLUE what the barrel extension torque was, until I stated it.  Not a clue. 

I got the loc-tight information straight from a barrel supplier and manufacturers.  That they do use a green loc-tight on the barrel extension, they put it it's mainly to help the threads from cross threading when the extension is installed. Also, some manufactures don't use it some do. Depends on the manufacture, I was told that Aero/BA use a Green loc-tight type on their barrel extensions before torqueing down the barrel extension. I personally only have seen one barrel extension installed by a gunsmith that has been doing the trade for 40+ years and he also used loc-tight. 
I guess each to their own when installing a barrel extension. 

I have been doing this for 20 years and your a know it all POS and your one of those guys that thinks they know everything but really doesn't know jack poop. I didn't fornicate up that barrel, and BA and others, even gunsmiths I've talked to said that it's almost impossible to loosen a barrel extension when installed properly. Again, are you sure you know what your fucking talking about. Wow, for someone that acts like they have knowledge you really seem to bash people when their intelligence is above yours. 
You are a waste of my time and please keep your opinions to yourself and I am surprised that none of your AR10/Lr-308 and 308 Ars haven't blown up on your face. I have gotten my knowledge from local gunsmiths that have been building these rifles for like 40+ years and have the degrees to prove it. 

Thank you, and have a nice fucking day.