• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS GII Recon

In early June I asked about a DPMS GII Recon dust cover.  The dust cover rod shifted forward after about 10 rounds and the cover spring came off.  I have reinstalled the rod with the spring but cannot see how the rod is retained within the housing.  I know many other ARs have a C clip to keep the rod in place.  I don't see how it's done on a DPMS GII Recon.  Anyone have information on how to keep the rod stationary?  I do not see a place for a clip and haven't found a Youtube video that addresses this issue.

Thanks!

The G2 Recon port cover rod should have a groove towards the center of the rod, The groove is offset from center and the rod is directional. The C-clip installs next to the spring in the cut-out area of the cover. The G2 covers had some issues. If correctly installed, and the rod can still move far enough to disengage, a ferrule spacer can be installed over the rod between the C-clip and the port cover opening.