• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10 in 7mm-08

chris mcbride

Finished a build I started while back.AR10 in 7mm-08 flaVOR.hUNTED CPL TIMES LAST YEAR WITH IT dropping two med. size bucks in one morning with it. Although close range about 120 yrds it did great job dropping them in track. Dropped a nice 8 point this year with it at 275 yrds. Hit shoulder and rolled it in its tracks.

Basic build with few nice pieces. Billet 80% lower, BCG is nitride piece we got for about half price on a sale,I went with Mcgowin barrel 22" spiral fluted 1:9.5 twist SS and Larue trigger. Thinking about get Geissele trigger. LaRue is nice and shoots good groups about 1.25 at 200 to 250 yrds, aroun .5 to .75 depending on ammo and idiot pulling trigger.   Always room for improvement.Would like to find a more rigid stock for it.While slop might not be hurting it much iot can not be helping.

Suggestion on stocks that are more rigid and opion on difference in Larue and giessele for clean break and effect on helping old guy shoot better.

Congrats on the 7mm-08!   That's on my horizon, it's the last basic-caliber .308 Win derivitive left for me. 

The the G trigger over the LaRue, there's really only one that's gonna deliver a real difference, and that's the Hi-Speed National Match trigger.  It'll be just under $300 for it, but it's a difference over the LaRue, and one that you can feel.  I have a couple of them for certain guns, but most builds, I just use the LaRue MBT-2S.