• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hey You Benchrest Shooters

imschur

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My shooting buddy has (aside from his 2 LR-308s) a box-stock Savage bolt gun in .308, with the accu-trigger dialed down to just about a pound.  He intends to shoot F-Class (1000 yards) with it, maybe this fall.  We are both members and RSOs at a private shooting club, and we have 2 ranges - the farther one away has rifle ranges in 100, 200, 300, 400, 600 and 1000 yards - that's where they shoot the F-Class competitions.

His Savage is setup with a SEALs scope, but I can't remember the specs on it.  The gun is amazingly accurate at 400 yards, I'm sure it will be a real contender at 1000 too.

• 3 years later...

I use a custom built bolt gun in 308 for F-class. It is a tack driver (if I do my part). It has a Accuracy International chasis  with a 8x32x56 night force scope.My Jewell trigger is set at 1.5 pounds. I am the odd ball one because I use a bipod in the front in stead of a adjustable front rest.It has a 1in a 11.25 twist  barrel that loves the 175 GR. SMK with RL15. powder. I like heavy bullets so shooting those longer shoots  are less affected by the win.