• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR-10T in 22-250?

If you need help purchasing that rifle let me know... I can help you off load those PMAG's you hijacked <laughs>

Not like you can use them with an Armalite anyways.  ;)

Here's a funny tidbit. I have magazines for firearms I "Plan on Owning" AR-10,M14,CZ 75B etc. When I clean my apartment it's like an easter egg hunt when I find magazines I forgot i bought or forgot where I stashed.

You know I have a mountain of my favorite Hornady 22-250 ammo on hand. I can try it in the mags for sure. I read online that Armalite once offered 22-250 uppers and there was a tech note on the mags. I havent googled for that yet.

I should also mention Im not concerned with barrel life

• 3 months later...

At one time ArmaLite did offer AR10s in .22-250.  As someone already mentioned, you can't just load up a 20 round mag and declare war on a dog town though.  My guess is that this is one of the reasons why ArmaLite doesn't stock them as a regular item.

I too fantasize about a .22-250 ArmaLite.  One of these days I'll chamber a barrel and give it a go.  I built a .243 five years ago, but it remains unfired.  For some reason that caliber just doesn't appeal to me like the .22-250.

As I type this post I'm thinking that I should just order a Kimber varminter, slap a spare S&B scope on top and head west. It's been a LOOONG time since I made those vermin dance. :)

• 7 months later...