• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Optics mounting question

bigt77

My experience in mounting a compact HWS like a Doctor, Cmore STS, or Aimpoint T1, not something as big as an EOTECH, is that Your doing it for fast acquisition of close in targets. I have tried using the YHM 45 degree riser, and it didn't locate the window of the HWS in a good position to use the sight while maintaining good cheek weld. I have not tried one of those mounts that attach the HWS directly to the scopes tube so can't comment on how well they locate it in that regard. I made my own mount that locates the HWS in the same place as this mount, and have found that it works very well for me.  In that location all that is needed is to roll the gun slightly between the primary optic and the HWS in order to go from engaging long and short targets. I'm not sure if you will be able to use a tube mounted HWS without having to reset your cheek position on the stock when transitioning back and forth between the two optics.

www.predatortactical.com/Burkett-Off-Set-Mount-c22

I will post some when the rifle gets here.... 90-120 days from order which was Dec 31.......I don't know how I'm going to make through the next 3 1/2 months as these last couple of weeks has been hell.. I keep surfing youtube looking for new videos of the elite operator, surprisingly there are not very many good ones.

edit: and going to the RRA website, looking at all the pretties. The pic of the rifle replaced the pic of my kids on my desktop..... errrr.... 3 more months....

However I did mount the TRS-25 and Nikon 3x9 BDC scope to my AR15 and the adjustment knobs obstruct some of the view through the red dot... not sure if I will be happy with that.