• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A Quick Story of Great Customer Service

skeeter

I just wanted to drop a line about an experience I had over the weekend with Palmetto State Armory.

I was in Columbia, SC visiting family for the New Year and took the opportunity to visit PSA to pick up a Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SSA) Trigger for my .308 DPMS clone rifle, and a few other goodies of course. After leaving I took the family for dinner and then onto my brothers house. Upon arriving I pulled out my bag of new toys and proceeded to show my brother the trigger. After only a few seconds looking at it I discovered what was in the package was not an SSA trigger, it was a standard trigger group. Surprised at what I saw I went ahead and looked it up on the web and verified what the trigger should look like and my fears were confirmed, I had just paid 170$ for a standard trigger group. In a panic I immediately started calling PSA but could not get them on the phone, so I got in the car and raced back to the store.

The entire trip back I was going over worst case scenarios and really concerned they would just tell me I was (SOL) and that I could be trying to scam them or something, I was actually getting rather angry and very worked up over the ordeal so much so I could feel my blood pressure going up with every minute. I kept telling myself to just calm down and give them the opportunity to respond to the situation.

I arrived only to find they had closed early for New Years Eve, so I pulled the car around to the employee parking area in hopes they would still be there. I noticed there were still some employees just inside, I knocked on the glass near the back door and was politely greeted by one of the employees. I told him what had happened and while he had gone to find the manager the storeowner walked around the corner and asked if he could help me. I again told the story of what had happened and with a friendly smile he expressed his apologies and made everything right. I could tell he was trying to read me and I completely understand why, thing is I had done nothing wrong and had nothing to hide. I figured he was trying to decide what kind of person I was before any decisions were made, but the bottom line is they made the right decision and corrected the mistake.

I don’t normally make a big deal about things like this but my experience with Palmetto State Armory's customer service was such that I felt folks needed to know they are some really fine folks over there and I really appreciate the way they handled my situation.

Thank you Palmetto State Armory!

Brother Skeeter, reading your post had to laugh I have been in similar situations in the past.My order was screwed up, I'm hot driving back thinking I'm gonna get screwed till I get to the store and they make things right [up to the last second ready to blow up stomach churning,you know].And then there were times when I was gonna get screwed, but was wound up to the max and when they pissed me off well it was ugly needless to say it cost them allot more in the long run by telling everyone I could about the poor customer service.But that's how you control your money promote the companies that do the right thing and bury the jerks.Many of the business that treated me poorly in the past are no longer in business because I'm sure it wasn't only me that was treated poorly,but customer service is everthing you either prosper or fold.Glad you had a positive experience there investment in your satisfaction will come back to them 10 fold.Shoot on bro.