• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

M993?

mml373

I am new to the 308 (have a Windham SRC-308 and am breaking it in) and was wondering about defensive use for this rifle.  With recent talk of the government going to "tungsten-based ammo" because it is "green" (but really because it defeats body armor commonly available to civilians), I was wondering what would defeat what is worn (in modern times) by those who in previous generations in other countries would come to round us up and put us in camps.  That would seem to be "Level 4" body armor.

I understand that 30-06M2AP seems to be the minimum recommended, with M993 as an alternative.  Is M993 available on the civilian market?

Sorry to ask, but with all the recent craziness that's going on the world am wondering what really is available to civilians if we must stand up against an invader who's better equipped.  Criminals seem to have an uncanny ability to get ahold of what's not legal for the rest of us.

Edited by mml373