• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Looking for Carry Handle Sight (A2 style) for DPMS Upper

Elmer75

I want to play around with some iron sights on my DPMS 308.  I have scopes on other rifles, but I enjoy iron sights too.  I have a JP Enterprises A2 style combo front sight and gas block,  and I'm looking for an A2 style rear sight and carry handle to go along with that.  Apparently the carry handles are pretty hard to find.😞  I found some on 2 sites, but they only take crypto payments and I don't play that game.  All others seem to be out of stock.  Anyone out there have a lead, or one for sale?

Here's the best info anyone can give you - this thread had the DPMS and Armalite part numbers listed in it.  Searching on the part numbers is your best bet.  You might get lucky and find one.

Don't buy the Rock River Arms LAR-8 handle, if you find it - it's too long, for their longer receivers.

Check it:

Thanks for that info.  I will set up some searches on ebay.  I don't use Armslist very much so I'm not too familiar with it, but I'll start looking over there.  I've thought about going with a stand-alone A2 rear sight, but I like the protection and stability of the carry handle.  The search continues....

22 hours ago, Elmer75 said:

I will set up some searches on ebay.

I see maybe one a year come up there, maybe. I've been second place a bunch, last time $200 didn't get it, let me know if your on one I'll let it pass, then you can be second :laffs:

There are scammer sites out there claiming to have them so caution is warranted.