• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Priming tools.

NF1E

Since my right hand has taken some time off for healing, I have been listening to guys recommendations for other types of priming tools.  So far the Forster seems to be well made, smoother and does not require any additional shell holders. The RCBS is rugged but involves more movements to prime. The Lee is not bad, but a little flimsy for my liking. I want to do a few hundred more priming operations before I make a decision which I like best. Going to be very hard to beat the RCBS universal hand primer for overall ease of operations.  Whatta Hobby!

Priming tools.jpg

I hand prime everything with the RCBS tool, and tray.  Never done anything different, and won't.  I need to feel that primer seat - especially with shot-out Grendel and 6 ARC.  Once the pockets start to get loose in those high-powered bastards, I glue the primers in and keep the brass going. 

It's all by feel.  I'll never use an auto-primer on a turret press or progressive press.  Just my $0.02 on it. 

Any I will be returning to the RCBS universal, on the right, as soon as my hand is back in shape. Rgr on the feel. With the Spring shooting season on the horizon, I had to come up with a solution for a few thousand primers in the meantime. Looks like the Forster bonanza is going to be my solution. Rugged and the feel is there and no special shell holder needed. Used to shoot 5-10k of .308 annually but I have gone the precision route and cut my ammo consumption in half. Whatta Hobby!