• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Loading 30-06 today.

NF1E

That should do you well. Back in the late 70’s I inherited 1,000 once fired 30 cal (30-06) National Match brass from the 1960’s. Long story how my father got them.  I made the mistake of loading ALL of them back up in 1980. I still have 150 or so I haven’t shot. Believe I used IMR 4770. Half of them I loaded with Sierra 165 grain boat tail soft points and the other half with(and this really dates me) Herter’s 150 grain soft points purchased in 1963 when they were a mail order one store front operation in Waseca, Minnesota. My dad had picked up 500 and never loaded them.
I remember that day because my father bought me my first pistol as well. A Llama 1911 45 acp. Which was about as accurate out of the box as you would expect. Brand new it cost  $27.
I cannot remember off hand the powder charges, but both were midrange, as I had a Remington 760 pump that got fussy at max loads. Those cartridges have accounted for at least 30 deer between my son and I. Still reliable and still accurate.