• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Final Finish

Awesome, man.  I think that 50-shot kit comes with the different levels of "abrasive" doesn't it?  Don't know what else to call the stuff...

I still haven't ordered a box of the 5.56 yet, to tear up this midlength with.  I need to get on that.

I used a Tubbs' Final Finish kit to break in a Bushmaster Varminter. I can't really comment to it's impact on accuracy, as I hadn't fired the rifle prior to using the kit. I can tell you that after using the kit, when cleaning the barrel, a tight patch ran much more smoothly through the bore, and the barrel cleaned up very easily; more like a custom barrel then a factory tube. After the process, the barrel was an honest three quarter MOA barrel with most loads, and a bit better with some. It also shot the Factory Federal 77 grn. Match loads without any issues, while many shooters were reporting pressure trouble with the load, at the time. It's possible that may have been at least partially due to the FF, as well. I've been shooting match tubes for a while and haven't really felt the need for it, but for a rifle shooting a factory tube, I would definitely consider using it again...