• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

H&K G36 Style Handle?

Guest LLArms

Oh gawd no!

I am FORCED to put that rifle (H&K G36K) in my patrol car every day. That carry handle/scope/red-dot combo is the worst! I have a whole dept of men and women that HATE that set-up. I have been working for YEARS to get rid of the set-up and go to either a KAC flip sight system, or a standard G36C flat rail with HK open sights. My dept is still sore about dropping $2500 per rifle, so they are weary about dropping more money on them now.

I'm not a hater of the rifle, just the carry handle system. I have seen a few custom HK G36-type rifles that I prefer much more.

It should look like this! <thumbsup>

IMG_1943.jpg

I think what you need is something more like the M249 SAW...

Foldable_Carry_Handle.jpg

Based on the front end weight of your build... Have you thought about more of a Cheytac approach to carrying that beast?

cheytac-2.jpg

Guest LLArms

Well the plan was to have some sort of handle closer to the middle point. (A rail will run tip to rear on the top)

But we also looked at the underside carry handle option. But at this time at least, it just isn't "doing it for me" kind of thing.

I like that middle picture. Where can we buy those?

In the end we might just have to make one of our own I suppose.  <laughs>

You could just cut out a section here...

LLARMS.jpg

Then insert a steel, knurled, handle (like on a dumbbell) inside the gap. Close off the exposed edges and you're done.

SDA-14T20Product.jpg

You know the handle would be strong enough. The part is generally inexpensive and readily available. The weight of the steel handle would make up for the loss of any cut away metal. It would still have that savage/beastly look to it...

Just my $0.02