• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New LM8 MWS

THE LM8 PLATFORM: THE SMALLER, LIGHTER MORE MANEUVERABLE RAIL PLATFORM FOR TODAY’S BATTLEFIELD FROM LEWIS MACHINE & TOOL COMPANY

Now Available as the LM8MRP®

MILAN, IL (April 2012) - Lewis Machine & Tool Company (LMT®), an Illinois-based company that designs, prototypes and manufactures small arms, accessories and tooling components for the military, government, law enforcement, commercial manufacturers and responsible civilians introduce the new LM8 platform on two new rifle systems: the LM8MRP® and the LM8MWS®.

The LM8 Platform is a combined result of LMT’s consistent philosophy that “Failure is Not an Option” and the changing landscape of modern warfare where combat is more likely to occur in confined urban settings or tight mountain passes. The LM8 platform is a direct evolutionary update from LMT’s benchmark monolithic rail platform making it lighter, smaller, slimmer and more maneuverable than anything before.  Now the LM8 platform is available in two rifle systems: the LM8MWS® and the LM8MRP®, both with four versatile rail segments to fit any mission:

-  4-rail (1.4″ length)

-  6-rail (2.1″ length)

-  8-rail (3.0″ length)

-  10-rail (3.8″ length)

The LM8MWS® is built on a LM308MWS® lower with a SOPMOD Buttstock and a two-stage trigger. The upper receiver has either a 1:10″ twist, chrome-lined barrel or a 1:11.35″ twist in an ultra-match stainless 5R tactical black matte finish barrel. The semi-auto bolt carrier group and tactical charging handle assembly come standard.  The LM8MWS® ships with a sling, operator’s manual, tactical adjustable rear and front sight, one 20-round magazine, a torque wrench/driver, four rail-segments and two heavy-duty push button swivels.  MSRP starts at $2,998.71. (California Legal Price $2919.96) CALIFORNIA ORDERS MUST BE PLACED OVER THE TELEPHONE

LMT-LM8MWS.jpg

http://www.lewismachine.net/

http://www.lmtstore.com/308-modular-weapon-system.html

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Woohoo, my LM8 slick chassis came in today!

It's surprisingly not much lighter than the MWS quad railed chassis at all.

Bare MWS upper: 2 lbs 1.7 oz

Bare LM8 upper: 2 lbs 0.9 oz

Ergos are definitely nicer though! I need to find me a CMR/LM8 handstop now.

Guess I'll have to switch to the new lightweight barrel to really cut some weight (shave a bit more than 0.5lbs from my current barrel).

Edited by FaRKle!