• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Barrel change question

lynxpilot

As long as you are keeping the carbine receiver extension ,buffer spring & buffer , it should work. Some say you need special buffers & springs , but the only way you will know that is at the range after fitment .

I went the other way, I have a 16" bbl. ,with rifle gas system & CTR stock & I have the carbine buffer /spring ,of course , but will not be firing it for the first time till next week .

• 7 months later...

Survivalshop,

I was wondering if youve ever had any cycling issues with your 16"/ rifle length gas system setup? Ive been warned by a couple of people that I may have cycling issues with my 18"/rifle gas system setup, especially if shooting at higher elevation (the mountains). They tried to talk me into going with the shorter carbine gas block loaction. I'm figuring if you've had no trouble with a 16" then I should be OK with the 18".

Well , I had none until I picked up some Fed. XM80C , & it is short stroking in my 16" , have not tried this ammo in the 20" yet , but will on Friday.

The 16" has cycled every thing I have put to it till this ammo .

One thing is ,this ammo is a little dirty , which may be all that's wrong . This is a match barrel & might not like the dirty ammo because of tolerances.

I am going to tumble some , to clean it up ,to see if it makes a difference.