• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MA-TEN with 12" TRX Rail and Armalite Rifle Lenght gas system

moagm316

Because I have the MA-Ten upper I purchased a DPMS 12" TRX rail. I am trying to decide between the 18" or 20" armalite pattern Rainier arms barel. the 20" has a rifle length gas system and the other has the carbine length gas system. Will my hand guards cover the gas block on the 20"?

I don't think so. I have a DPMS pattern, rifle length gas system, .308 AR. The front of my my low pro gas block is just covered by a Larue AR 10 rail that is marked 13.2, but actually measures closer to 13.875" from the front of the upper to the front of the rail. Besides this, the Armalite rifle length gas port location is approximately .250" further forward than the DPMS rifle length, if I remember correctly, so I'd say that a 12" rail will not only NOT cover your GB, your going to have some of your gas tube exposed as well. If your looking to cover the gas block with that rail, I think you'd have to go with a carbine length gas system.