• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Antique bayonet info needed

Vlad308

Hey folks I hope someone out there will have more info on this than I do. One of the Hajis here on the FOB has some OLD bayonets for same. They look like the 1907 Wilkinson Enfield (google an image) but at the base of the blade is a small crown stamp (from what I gather it was a British proof mark kind of thing) along with the word ENFIELD and 1861 on one and 1863 on the other. Hes asking 160 for both. They do not have the original sheath but both blades look old as crap (thinking these could be left overs from when the Brits invaded). Im not up on these enough to know if they are legit or not. Any one know more of what to look for?

Now the problem I see is shipping them back or even bringing them back. I know when I was in all our poop got search for weapons all the time

Its actually quite easy. After I buy them I take them to the MP station and they look them over (I assume to make sure its not a knife shaped bomb or something like that). They then give me an approval cert that I turn in at the post office when I ship them.

My biggest concern is some of the fit and finish looks kinda iffy. Its hard to tell if its because of production quality, age, or if its a knock off. The biggest issue is none of them have the original sheaths.

Not haveing the sheathes may be an issue that will effect the overall value but as long as they are real it doesn't really matter. Get online and do a search, contact an expert through email and just ask them what to look for. You may take a camera and snap some pictures and post them. But either way for 160 you aren't going to go wrong if anything they would make great conversation pieces!