• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How are you storing your brass - new or once fired?

IowaFClass

My loaded ammunition is all stored in GI ammo cans and sealed air tight if it is longer term. But I have been using the 5 gal plastic buckets normally found at the home improvement stores. I currently hae over 15,000 rds of new and once fired brass in diferent calibers, so I have a few buckets. Although the lids for the buckets seal well, they are a big pain to get off the bucket. But my last trip to the local store for a few more buckets I discovered there is a new lid out on the market. Hopefully in the picture you can see the ring that goes on the bucket and the screw on lids with an O ring seal, no more fighting the lids.

post-1992-136297278333_thumb.jpg

^^^ I'm with him.  AZ desert.  Picked up brass, not processed - baggie, like plastic grocery bag.  Tumbled brass, 1 gallon Ziplock freezer bags.  I get to it when I can, after that.  5.56 brass, tumbled:

Tumbled556.jpg

I store all my loaded rifle ammo in G.I. ammo cans and pistol ammo in 50 rnd or 100 rnd plastic boxes. All my brass, dirty or clean, is dumped into coffee cans. For some reason I always seem to have more empty brass than loaded! :o  <laughs>

Well, yeah, for the first few thousand rounds of ammo.

Then I'm back to Ziplocks for the loaded ammo too.  <laughs>

Little tip...if the pills are lead and have any sort of wax type lube, those go in the boxes.  In the bags in the AZ heat, those lubed rounds are oilyer than a swingers convention in the Carribean.

The freezer bags are stronger too.  <lmao>

Jon

Little tip...if the pills are lead and have any sort of wax type lube, those go in the boxes.  In the bags in the AZ heat, those lubed rounds are oilyer than a swingers convention in the Carribean.

Jon

Quite an analogy there brother! <lmao>

I used to cast my own bullets back in the day and still have 200+ lbs. of lead sitting around. I quit doing it when I could buy cast bullets at prices that were more attractive than standing over a hot lead pot. A couple of years ago I started using moly coated cast bullets and haven't bought a wax lubed bullet since then. I shoot a LOT of .40 (USPSA) and the moly bullets are the best thing I've found short of buying jacketed bullets. I keep everything I need to cast my own just in case the liberals find a way to shut down commercial supplies though! I can even cast .30 cal. gas checked rifle bullets!

Nice 392!

I just bought a kit from Neco to do my own moly coating...their system is a whole sight better than the push-n-squish moly the others use.

http://www.neconos.com/category/Moly-Plating-5

Gonna get a side-tumbling tumbler to go with it.

I suppose if you give me gas money I could take that 200#s of lead off your hands.

;)

Jon