• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS LR308 AP4 vs DPMS LR308 w/24" Bull Barrel?

Guys,

I have a LR308 AP4 (new/never fired) that I could trade for a LR308 with the bull barrel (new).  I think I will be able to trade my rifle for the other and get GG&G buis sights with it.  I do like the fact that the ap4 has the forward bolt assist and shell deflector - the other doesn't.  Would you trade?

I will be using it mainly for long range shooting when I am finished with my range. 

All comments are appreciated.

KS Shooter

If all you're going to do is prone out and shoot targets, trade it. If you want more of a shooting/hunting/self defense rifle, keep the AP4. I owned an AP4 and foolishly sold it and bought a 18'' .308B which is a bit heavy for hunting/sd purposes but great for shooting. I recently purchased a .308T and I'm extremely happy with it. I was blowing up 1/2 gal. milk jugs at will with my .308T last weekend at 335 yds. A friend and I are going to shoot 1 gal. jugs @ 4-500 yds this weekend, if I remember I'll post how it goes.

Sorry, I tend to ramble on at times.