• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Opinions please

MaDuce

Hello folks. I am not limiting this to just this board. I am asking pretty much everyone I know.

I have been working on a saga literally since I was 19. That means almost half my life. It's about Christian prophecy. Basically, is a highly realistic and very biblically accurate example of the "antichrist" ordeal coming to fruition in the present day.

However, a near death experience in conjunction with scientific research on the matter has caused me to not believe in afterlife anymore.

I am really writing the book as a demonstration of moral principals about how to live life under any and all circumstances. These principals ARE very consistent with biblical teachings and are still completely unchanged. It's just the whole "Christianity and afterlife" aspects which are now completely gone.

It's been about a year now since I've done any work on the book. I am just battling over whether or not to finish it in light of my change of beliefs.

I want your opinions on whether or not to finish it.

The file I attached to this post contains the beginning, middle and end of the story for your reference. It's not a Sunday school story. It's loaded with profanity, realistic violence and portrayals of the worst of human nature. Don't let your kids read it. Some of the chapters are outdated, but most of the newer changes are just spelling corrections, rewordings, etc.

5833_.zip

I'd say finish it. As long as its well written, you should be able to sell a lot of copies. Donate a % of royalties to fund medical research. Also, most "Christian" morals are actually Universal so even if you finish this book and it convinces people to live more by these principals then that will be helpful to everyone. Then write a 2nd book based around your belief changes, maybe that will open the eyes of others to your line of thinking too. Either way you will be doing good: A) helping further the science that helped you, B) possibly convince others to do the same, and C) inspire people to be better!

I'd say finish it. As long as its well written, you should be able to sell a lot of copies. Donate a % of royalties to fund medical research. Also, most "Christian" morals are actually Universal so even if you finish this book and it convinces people to live more by these principals then that will be helpful to everyone. Then write a 2nd book based around your belief changes, maybe that will open the eyes of others to your line of thinking too. Either way you will be doing good: A) helping further the science that helped you, B) possibly convince others to do the same, and C) inspire people to be better!

Encouraging people to live that way has always been the point. Somehow, I don't think they will though. More then likely, readers will read it, see the truth in it, agree, and then get on with what they have been doing all along. That's how people usually behave anyway.

As long as your book has moments that stress the importance of helping others or how much this type of research helps then it will have an effect of SOME people. Small as it may be, that could grow from other things they read. Even if it only inspires 1 person to be better, then its worth it! then they're go out and probably do good which might inspire another person and the cycle will continue. Plus, dont forget all the good you can do with the proceeds from the book. In the right person's hands, a little can do go a long ways!