• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

RRA Awesome Customer Service

tjtorborg

So I finally got all of the parts needed to complete my Rock Master/Bush River 308 AR.  Yes I have an older Bush Master lower with a Rock River upper.  Because of the long wait times for the barrel from Rock River I eneded up buying a complete upper from Gun Broker.  This would be a starting point for what I wanted to build.  Basically I wanted an M110 that I could use across the course in NRA Highpower matches.  I also got a Rock River Free Float tube from ebay.  Disaster struck when installing the free float tube.  I heard a snap when tightening down the screws for the float tube.  Yep it had sheared off so there would be no way to secure the float tube to the rifle.  I contacted the seller on ebay and he directed me to call RRA.  So I gave them a call and they said, no problem just send us the upper and we will take a look at it.  One week after sending it out I called to see what they thought went wrong.  They said that they had just shipped it back to me with a brand new float tube and that there would be no charge!  Then I asked if they had installed the new float tube on the rifle and the guy sort of laughed and said of course!  I told him how greatful and impressed I was with there service and he just laughed again and said something to the effect of well we always stand behind our products and our dealers.  Can't ask for more than that.

By the way this happended a couple of months ago but I just now have time to let all of you know.

Here is the section from the NRA rule book describing this rifle:

3.1(d) U.S. Rifle, Caliber 7.62 mm M-110 series - In all courses of fire and in all positions the standard 20 round box magazine or a reduced capacity magazine of the same external dimensions will be attached. The flash suppressor may be removed or the rifle may be manufactured without a flash suppressor. Barrel length may not exceed 20 inches, as measured to the end of the rifling in the barrel. The front sling swivel must be attached to the end of the handguard, and must remain in the 6 oclock position no more than 1/2 inche from its original location. The sights must be of the standard design found on the M-16 series of firearms. Rear sight windage and elevation adjustments may be modified to allow finer adjustments.  Plastic covers may be used on the mounting rails on the handguard.

I don't see anything that would exclude my rifle.  I may be wrong but that is what I am basing my build on.  Actually where I shoot (MN) there is never enough service rifle shooters for a seperate catagory so we all get lumped together.