• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Need some help with a swivel mount..

Magwa

And a Merry Christmas to you, too, brother Mike!  <thumbsup>

We need one of these:

3738_pd168946_4.jpg

That's the 2" rail piece, from Apex, that mounts directly to their rail.  It'll go on either side, or the bottom, so you can put it anywhere you want, fore, aft, middle, any side, etc.

http://www.apexhandguard.com/store.php?seller=ApexMachiningCompany&navt1=19974&navt2=86324&pd=167795#images

Once you have that, you have freedom.  Now, for mounts, we can go crazy.  You can do a traditional sling with swivels, and mount up a pic-adaptor sling swivel stud, or you can start changing things up.  Depending on what you need out of a sling, you can switch up to a different sling, with different capabilities, and different mounts.  I can get WAY into this, brother.  <thumbsup>

Here's a pic-mount sling swivel:

opplanet-mako-group-sling-swivel-mount-md-ssm.jpg

Here's just the stud:

650107.jpg

If you change up ends on your sling, here's a QD socket mount:

p_100010970_2.jpg

If you want an adaptation of that, here's one at 45 degrees:

productimage-picture-45-offset-1913-rail-qd-rotation-limited-sling-mount-n-slot-490_JPG_280x280_q85.jpg

Let's talk about slings, brother - what are you running, and do you need it to do more?

Mike, they do the 2" rail section, and a 4" rail section.  Do you ever run a bipod?  If you do, you might want to pick up another 2" section.  I have a QD bipod mount on my SPR, and it would easily fit on a 2" section, so I see no need for a 4-incher.  The only thing the 4" will give you is more fore and aft adjustment area.  As long as things are pretty set, and you know where you want 'em, the 2" is very suitable.  <thumbsup>