• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Nope, I need some help on the glass.

My buddy has a couple of those SEALS scopes, and really likes them.  Do you guys know anything about them?

No personal experience but I have read about them on occasion over at opticstalk and snipershide. They get slammed a lot for being NightForce knock off.  There are guys who swear by them though for good bang for the buck sub $500. Strange krinkle finish on some of them.

The complaints I recall were it was luck of the draw if you got a good one, full power useless and they get hazy in extreme heat

The positives were price, seemed well constructed (from those that like them)

Naturally you gotta take that with a grain of salt and put a higher value on the opinion of someone you know.

I think the guy that sells them is in Texas so maybe he's at your local gun shows. Check them out and ask about the warranty. The 7.62/.308 is a little tougher on optics and mounts

lastly if thats your budget the SWFA super snipers seem to be well loved at a rock bottom price.

Real nice weapon!  I tried to order the same one and received this email from Impact:

We do apologize however the delay on the 308 is going to be quite some time. Any changes or special orders can make the delivery time extend a almost a year past the lead time we have already. We can place a special order, however we are trying to stray from them as DPMS is so far behind. You can call customer service at 888-505-3086 and speak with anyone that answers.

So I guess I'll keep shopping around....

Real nice weapon!  I tried to order the same one and received this email from Impact:

We do apologize however the delay on the 308 is going to be quite some time. Any changes or special orders can make the delivery time extend a almost a year past the lead time we have already. We can place a special order, however we are trying to stray from them as DPMS is so far behind. You can call customer service at 888-505-3086 and speak with anyone that answers.

http://www.shtffirearms.com - call Marcus and tell him Todd Murphy sent you.  He will take care of you.

Heres the thing. You don't want to buy a gun that needs to be ordered from the factory. DPMS has a massive backlog for civilian and military contracts. Additionally the more you customize it the longer the delay. They see parts shortages the same as we do. Items like Magpul buttstocks, teflon coated fluted barrels all cause delays.

Now heres the thing. When the crap hit the fan guys were ordering guns from multiple sources and in many cases no deposit was required. Now here we are one year later everything is cooling off and the guys who ordered all these guns from multiple dealers really only wanted one gun from the first dealer to deliver. Now these unwanted  rifles are beginning to show up in quantity as well as the regular dealer orders. As a result pretty steady waves of guns at very good prices.

So the point is keep looking at and calling dealers or call Madhouses's guy. The guns are out there.