• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets talk about range, and glass.

A couple of questions, for the experts here.

AR-10TBNF...20 inch stainless heavy barrel 1-10 twist. New, never screwed around with or hacked upon, two stage nat'l match trigger.

With Federal GMM 168grn or 175 SMK ammo, (or the equivalent) what can a guy expect for maximum repeatable effective range by an experienced shooter with 54 year old eyes...shooting bench rest with a bipod?

AND

Said person tends to like a little more magnification, wants a MIL/MIL scope with iluminated Mil type reticle

AND

If said person was looking to spend around $700 on glass and was willing to spend $200ish on a mount, what scope would you look for?

This is the mount I am focused on...at the moment..

http://shop.aadmount.com/AADMOUNT-30mm-AADMOUNT30GII.htm

My partner in this rifle is my son. He is 28. He has had laser surgery on his eyes and has beyond perfect vision...how badly is he going to whoop my behind when we are comparing targets...I already know I shouldn't bet him beers after our range day is done and we are home picking on each other, but will I have to cheat to avoid being embarrassed? :)  <laughs>

I look forward to, and thank you for your opinions.

Please rember that any optic focused for your eyes, will  NOT be focused for your son;s eyes.

Respecftully

Terry

Very good point <thumbsup> and as far as how much range you can get is all up to the shooter, the equipment that you have or looking to purchase will take you as far as your abilities will let it.

Please rember that any optic focused for your eyes, will  NOT be focused for your son;s eyes.

Respecftully

Terry

Understood. The rifle lives with him, but if I am stepping up with the cash, then he is going to have to find a way to live with what I have set up for me. I like the PST and the Weaver.

thanks for the feedback, guys.