• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Single point or dual point sling?

EasyEJL

I'm going to have to add my $0.02

I carried some kind of funky 2 point for a long time in the army that seemed to have 3/4" webbing, and more adjustment than I knew what to do with. I believe it was a blue force... we all got issued the same thing. Since I dont remember what it was, ill just say that it sucked. Badly.

So, being the highspeed private that I was, as soon as I deployed, I purchased some expensive made in USA multicam one point. (Everything had to be multicam, I never would, and never will buy Acu anything if I can help it)

Gosh dang what a stupid sling. I thought "oh man, this will be so high-speed for transitions etc)

No... I think that it sucks. I carried it every day, often for miles in 1 zillion degree weather. One points are right for some people. Not for me.

First off, they put much more pressure directly on your neck. Very uncomfortable IMHO

Next, I heard them advertised as being quick to transition. False. More like quick to neuter you. Imagine having your rifle on a rope tied around your neck. There you go.

I thought that while letting your rifle rest, it would be in a natural position. Well... I thought a lot of things when I was a private.

So I got out and started looking for a SIMPLE two point sling that was quick and easy to adjust, quick AMD easy to take off, and could be worn on my back or front, and could be transitioned almost instantly from back carry to the low ready... didn't exist. I dont think.

So here I am. Thats my story.

Now ill talk about the merits of a comfortable two point.

In front carry, when you drop your firearm to transition to a sidearm, or you allow your rifle to rest, it rests in a natural position, basically in the low ready. Right where you need it.

Your rifle should never pendulum into your family jewels, not that it has to pendulum into your family jewels... it hurts anywhere.

It can be worn comfortably on the back, or on the front. With a backpack, or without.

A complicated sling can be like a computer or cell phone that doesnt work correctly. Especially if you have all of your excess webbing properly s rolled and taped ;-)

I call this tunnel vision. Its where I am so angry at an inanimate object that I was to kill it slowly, while looking into its eyes, and watching it scratch at my hands that are around its neck... I want it to beg forgiveness and cry for help as I kill it...

But I guess me and my phone/ computer/ other peoples slings dont have a good relationship ;-)

I bought a name brand (gov contract) 3 pt sling because it was only $7 on clearance and came with a A2 stock adaptor and a couple other neat universal sling mounts. what a catastrophe that thing is!

whoever came up with the 3pt sling should be tied to a pole with one, and then beaten with another one.

Edited by blue109