• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Single point or dual point sling?

EasyEJL

I'm ready to get a custom paracord sling for the LR308, and I dunno whether to do the bungie style 1 point connector or a more standard two point. Not having used the one point before, can anyone tell me the advantage? note i'm a 20" barrel setup.

One point slings are great if you are in an active shooter situation. It keeps your rifle always at the ready. The rest of the time your rifle is in the way and wobbling all over the place. Really uncomfortable with guns larger than a SMG or small carbine.

Two point slings are tried and proven. Not as "high speed" as the single point, but very stable and a lot more comfortable.... Especially with long guns.

If you want a convertible sling (2 point to 1 point), look into something like the Magpul MS2 or MS3 (I have both models).

Most people here are fans of the VTAC and Blueforce "Vickers" padded two point slings. They run about $40-$45 each.

hmm, yeah. Maybe it makes sense for me to have 2 slings, one of each or the convertible. i'm going to do some of the competitive rifle/3 gun shooting, so the 1 point would be nice for that. But I also want to take this hunting in the woods, and the one point sounds like (as I figured) would suck for that with a long barrel.

MS3 is a damn nice sling,and the VTac is also practicle have them both.On one of the Tac TV shows they had a single vs. 2 point and when you'r on the move a single point is a pain in the balls literally.

Just moving, single point sux. Even standing in place sux!

Moving and shooting, especially with weapon transitions, single point is king.

well, I scored a lightly used MS3 in coyote/fde for $20+ shipping, and it does look pretty sweet. need to hook it onto the rifle still, but thats after replacing the buffer end plate (which I also have, a black widow with QD hole)

For heavy rifle that will get humped around alot, the TT 3-point is the sheit - wide strap material that distributes the load well (better that skinny straps), the 3-point keeps it close to your body when you're moving, bending forward, etc. 

It's the only way to go for a heavy rifle that you'll be carrying around for some distance.  I had my TT 3-point left over from my M4A1, in Afghani-land. That thing weight just over 10lbs, unloaded, and got run up and down mountains, etc.  Damn glad I had it.  When I built the .308 AR, I already had it, and it was a short decision-making process on it.  <thumbsup>

I'm running a 20" 308 also and lemme tell you that if your shorter than 5'9 don't get a single point hahaha. You'll be dragging your muzzle device on the ground. Right now i have a Troy 2pt battlesling. i also like the padding on it because my 20 incher is dang heavy. I thought about getting a paracord sling but i like my slings adjustable

• 5 months later...

I carry my 10 lbs of DPMS on a blue force Vtac 2 point and it is a dream I carry it all day elk hunting with no praoblems at all and it makes it easy to use my binos....

The thread was 1/2 a year old, and you awakened it...  <lmao>  :eek: