• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Spikes Tactical Trigger

Supposedly fits standard AR's, does come with pins. I'm not a AR guy, except for this AP4. I just want a crisp break with no creep. Don't mind the weight as its a defense and hunting rifle for me.

Even though I'm getting .75 groups with Federal match and my handloads, a crisper trigger might make that a little better. Never expected this rifle to outshoot my Rem 700.

Supposedly these are a "full" hammer not a "notched" hammer, whatever that means, don't know if thats a plus with a .308.

I did have a few FTF with light strikes the last time out, don't know if my bolt being dirty caused it or something else.

Was considering Bill Springfield, and still might send my stock trigger to him as well.

just to clarify a little. The only thing you need to know about pin size is that some Colt AR-15's use a non standard larger than mil spec pin. Everyone else either AR-15 or 308 AR use the standard "small pin" trigger.

While any AR-15 trigger will fit all will not work universally. Some AR-15 hammers are shaped in a way that they meet with interference from the bolt carrier. Some folks just grind off the offending area. Other manufacturers use heavier springs to compensate for the much heavier 308 recoil.

I'm running that very trigger set in a billet 5.56 gun, and it is a nice trigger.  Smooooooth.  Trigger pull weight is slightly less that a good standard trigger, but there is absolutely no gritty feeling at all during the travel.  The nickel boron coating is a wonderful thing.  Very crisp break.  Definitely worth consideration is you're looking for a great performaing standard trigger.  Keep in mind that this trigger was never designed as a match trigger or anything like that - it's just the smoothest standard trigger (durable, dependable, tough) that you'll probably ever find.  <thumbsup>

It does smooth up even more once you get it out and push a bunch of live ammo through it, too.  Keep that it mind when you first install it.  Once the engagement surfaces "mate" together, it gets even better.  <thumbsup>

The nickel boron coating is the goods. 

• 1 month later...