• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR15 vs. AR308 Lower Availability

Jonas

What's up with the scarcity of AR308 lowers as compared to the AR15? Are the 308s simply not as in demand so manufacturers focus their efforts on what sells? Or are these things so popular that manufacturers can't keep up with demand? 

Sure is tough to find anything in stock .308! The more I've thought about it, the more I'd actually like to pick up a second receiver before our Jan.1st 2014 have to register everything in California date instead of limiting myself to just one build. Looking more and more like I might be forced to stick with one, unless I want to pick up another BRO.

Part of the reason is there's hundreds of companies making the standard small frame lowers, and maybe 15 making large frame at the moment. Not to mention, yes, they are in high demand. There's even less companies making compatible accessories.

I did not look, but have you checked Brownells, Rainier, and Fulton? I'd start there, as well as Shadow ops