• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Optisan Mamba 1X4 $149 with mount at SWFA

Always on the look out for a "bargain"-found this scope last year with SWFA and mounted on a 3 gun .223 AR.  Thought I'd pass it along under this forum.

http://swfa.com/Optisan-1-4x24-Mamba-EAR30-Mount-Combo-P51887.aspx

It was interesting and pretty darn cheap compared to all of the other tactical scopes on the market.  Japanese company has them built in Korea.  I put a cinch down ziptie on it used to strap fishing reels onto rods as a cat tail to manipulate the power ring, and it made a pretty good scope for 3 gun. You can shoot it with both eyes open at 1X. They throw in a decent EAR mount for it in the same purchase price.

It has inscribed cross hair and theoretically illuminated red or green circle for close up shots. I found out the illuminated circle is fine indoors or on overcast or low light days but it washes out completely in bright sun. The cross hair still works just fine, but I was disappointed to lose the red dot type circle.

No such thing as a free lunch--you get a good red dot or you get a scope...can't have both at this price.