• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Double feeding issues....

2 hours ago, James G said:

Just built an AR-10 243 shot fine for about eight nine rounds loaded clip with seven more rounds and it double fed on the third shot and the extra shell set off the first shell before it was in chamber completely blew my receiver in half what would cause that

Double feeds are a magazine issue.  Every single time.  Nothing else will cause a Double Feed.  Ever.

3 hours ago, James G said:

Just built an AR-10 243 shot fine for about eight nine rounds loaded clip with seven more rounds and it double fed on the third shot and the extra shell set off the first shell before it was in chamber completely blew my receiver in half what would cause that

Old as hell thread. Got any pics of said blowup?

@James G, please read this thread here, and give up WAY MORE details on what's going on.  Read the thread first, so you realize the amount of details needed - to diagnose something over the internet.  Also, start your own thread on this, so it's easier to keep track of in the future.    This is way more than a double-feed issue going on here.  Hope that all makes sense.  Thanks in Advance. 

Oh, I almost forgot this part - go rip up the Intro Section when you have time, and tell us about yourself.  Here's a link to it:

https://forum.308ar.com/forum/22-introductions/

Edited by 98Z5V