• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Video Games...

planeflyer21

I pre-ordered that game and had it for a while. It was a let-down compared to previous Assassin's Creed games and had a bad habit of focusing too much on our founder's dark sides and often failing to put their actions in to context (portraying them as committing mindless atrocities rather then making note of the rational reasons they had for what they did) and so on. Overall it's a good "face to face" look at that part of our history but expect the gameplay to be a step back from previous Assassin's Creed games and an overly "pro-British" attitude towards the historical aspects.

IMO, the best Assassin's Creed game for both gameplay and historical accuracy was Assassin's Creed 2.

I still say get Assassin's Creed 3. If nothing else, the fact that they were able to recreate the actual locations of the battles as they reportedly were at the time allows them to give you a more authentic and down in the mud perspective of the battles then any historical movie ever did.

BTW. My personal favorite feature in the Assassin's Creed series is that; when you go near a historical building, a thing will pop up saying, "press select for details". If you do, the game will pause and a thing will pop up giving you a brief history of that building and it's inhabitants. All of the Assassin's Creed games that have this feature give their best and most accurate history lessons here.

Edited by MaDuce