• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My first reloading setup

ninjajimmy

Friday night I made up a couple different loads.

I made 10 rounds of each group. The extras shown are the same as one of the groups, but the COAL varies, due to me adjusting the seating die when I changed bullets. I'm going to use those as just practice rounds.

I started low on the Hornady bullets according to the manual. The Sierra manual specified a greater charge for the 175gr so I went a little higher on those.

BFC44BA1-F268-4FCD-9B18-E7BF14880A6A_zps

EE96FA4C-B9A8-4ED1-ABC6-BC8431497616_zps

Hit the range Saturday and shot some factory GMM as well as my hand loads. Since i'm just beginning testing, I ran them through my bolt gun for now to confirm quality and function.

When starting testing I found the bottom two loads to group OK, but they just weren't fast enough. FPS was between 1,800 and 2,000 on those two. The top two were much better with the top right group shooting around 2,250-2,300 FPS.

The 100 yard group below is 5 rounds of my top right Sierra load. It measured .584". I'm definitely on the right track and looking forward to checking out them with the SR-25 after I test a few more options out. Don't mind the other target, it was another shooter sighting his .308 Rem 700 in..

929C410D-5317-4D8D-8FF8-827DD67364B6_zps

On another note I thought this was bad ass!

I ordered a couple inert 375 and 408 Cheytac rounds to add to my inert rifle collection. Holy crap they are huge. That's a lowly 308 between the two. The 375 uses a 350gr bullet while the 408 uses a 419gr Jamison International bullet.

5B929570-B19C-4CB8-884E-DED7D93A9F0C_zps

Edited by ninjajimmy