• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PSA PA-10 BCG compatible with DPMS LR308?

Luconi

Basic question. I ran into a PSA PA-10 BCG that includes a charging handle that I'd like to use for my build. Is this bcg/ch compatible with any LR308 pattern rifle? Of course the description says nothing about compatibility, wanted to check with you guys just to be sure.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18612/s/psa-pa10-308-phosphate-bcg-with-charging-handle

I have heard the PSA PA-10 is a proprietary rifle where a lot of parts will not work with LR308's. Is this true?

• 4 weeks later...

Basic question. I ran into a PSA PA-10 BCG that includes a charging handle that I'd like to use for my build. Is this bcg/ch compatible with any LR308 pattern rifle? Of course the description says nothing about compatibility, wanted to check with you guys just to be sure.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18612/s/psa-pa10-308-phosphate-bcg-with-charging-handle

I have heard the PSA PA-10 is a proprietary rifle where a lot of parts will not work with LR308's. Is this true?One

One data point: I bought a second-hand PTAC lower.  I wish I'd seen this thread before making the purchase.  When my Ares Armor upper arrived, I discovered that there is a .050" gap between the end of the upper and its "mating" surface on the lower. The Ares upper fits perfectly with a Quentin Defense lower.

I later bought  a PA-10 upper on sale, plus a PSA lower parts kit, in hopes that I can end up with a working rifle (I can't, in good conscience, re-sell the lower to another sucker.)  I'll post how the PSA upper works out with my Ares BCG. I suspect that the BCG will be .050" short.