Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magwa

Specialist
  • Posts

    4,867
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Magwa

  1. Looking at the Armalite new A model from what i can see it would be around 1600 with no sights carry handle 130ish and front clamp on A2 sight 50 so without anything else 1800, the B model already has both sights but the minus is no Pmags and the DPMS has both sights and is about 250 cheaper I will go to town today and see if I can lay my hands on any of these new or used to get a idea of what they feel and look like for fit and finish and get back to you guys thank you so much for the help... Mike
  2. you guys are awesome.... :) <thumbsup>
  3. I am all ears... LOL and tomorrow is my birthday so ????? if anyone has some info please pm me and thank you..
  4. Thank you all so much for the quick replies, i think there is a lot of truth in just buying a complete rifle for my needs, the Armalites are hard to find,at least i can not hardly find one for sale the new AR10A carbine is nice with the P mags but no sights, on the other hand the AR10B carbine with the older mags comes with a2 front sight and rear battle sight or carry handle is a complete rifle for the same money as is the DPMS AP4 and it excepts p mags. I will read up on DPMS if anyone here has experience with them please let me know what you think of their quality pretty does not impress me but tough and always going boom when you pull the trigger does.... I think either one will need a new trigger again many thanks for your insights... Mike
  5. First off this is a great site and everyone has been super friendly so, i am going to ask for advice from those who know you guys.... I need a all around good battle rifle /hunting rifle gun must do double duty, so it must be light as possible and must be versatile, can take a scope and have open sights as back up . I guess i want to build/ buy a 308 AR 10 carbine or a weapon of that class i love my M4 built by myself i have somewhat but limited skills on building a rifle i would say i am a total newb when it comes to 308 AR platform so I want a carbine, light as possible accurate as possible, and must have front and real open sights... so should I attempt to build and what would said rifle cost to build(ballpark) or should i just buy a AR 10 carbine and if so which platform new or old . I understand the difference between the A's and B's and really it does not matter to me as i will have enough of either magazines whichever i get so in closing I need some sound advice... the cost of buying a complete rifle is very appealing yet I know you can always build alot better but i am not sure i need that much better than a factory rifle for my needs... thanks much Mike
  6. well obviously I am new any chance this offer is still going on? I will send him a PM hope so...
  7. what a awesome resource for information about a great battle rifle and this place unlike so many others is friendly... thanks i do appreciate that
  8. Natural progression and the last rifle to fill my needs it is a very versatile caliber and can do double duty as a hunter and home defense...
  9. I am in Idaho and have built a few AR,5.56 lowers and completed them with rifle kits but never a ground up rifle which i am looking forward to so i am a newb and getting long in the tooth so i figure I better get to it.... this is a great site....
  10. Lucky for me i was told in a private message from another forum about this forum and i am glad it happened seems like a friendly bunch here with a ton of info.... :)
×
×
  • Create New...