• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ar10 Carbine gas tube?

So, new to the whole 308 AR world and wound up with a Tactical Ambush barrel. It has a DPMS extension but an AR10 carbine gas tube length. It was labeled as a mid-length and I assumed being a DPMS pattern barrel the gas length would follow suit.

So where do I get an Armalite carbine gas tube? Rainer Arms has been processing my order for over a week and I can't get them on the phone or email and I don't want to pay $17 in shipping for a $14 part from Armalite. I've found rifle length. Could I gut a rifle length down?

I have never needed to cut a gas tube down , not sure how that would work out . The gas block end is caped & the key end has a slight bulge at the Carrier Key end . I suppose a Dremel with a cut off wheel would do a clean job , but makes you wonder where the shift or rise in the tube to clear the barrel nut would come out .

Kinda makes you wonder why the gas system on the barrel was made that way , unless they had barrels or purchased barrels made for Armalite type rifles & installed DPMS barrel extensions on them . Like we don't have enough variances in the 308AR platforms .