• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Question about gas block and replacing hand gaurd

Ok so I'm really leaning toward getting this rifle from a guy. My question is about replacing the hand gaurd. I've done this numerous time of ar15's so I'm guessing it's the same. Loosen barrel nut remove parts replace parts. With the gas block that's comes from the factory what if any rails will go over it? Or will I have to replace it with a low pro gas black. I've been looking at a Troy 13". Thanks for the help.

post-15647-0-34646800-1422920214_thumb.j

You will need to replace your gas block. I can't tell for sure which you have, but I'm pretty sure it's held in place with a set screw. That's an easy job.

Check out a SLR adjustable gas block. It's a little pricier, but will soften the recoil on your carbine gas system.

A muzzle device should be considered a MUST as well. A good brake or compensator will make a world of difference.

Ok so I'm really leaning toward getting this rifle from a guy. 

Are you getting a good deal on it?

Those LR-308 Oracles have some pretty harsh recoil (my friend has one). You'll definitely want an adjustable gas block and/or heavy buffer.

With how much stuff you're going to have to change on that gun, I'm wondering if it'd be cheaper for you to just build it yourself.