• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ar10 mags. ( new owner )

lx2008

hello fellows,

i just introduced myself in the " new guys" place.

i`ve been a long standing paying member in ar15.com ( if i can do that here, please tell me what to do to contribute!)

as a new owner of an ar10 ( just bought 4 wks ago ) i have come to find out that pmag, does not have any mags for the 10b type. since in order to shoot this a lot, i need some mags. i have two gen2 20 rd. armalite mags but i am going to require a whole lot more.

are there any manufacturers other than brownells & armalite where i can get some. not that i don`t want to buy from brownells, i spend about 200-600 $ from them a year. but i really like the non-metal type mags like pmag.

thanks for your help guys. i`m sure this was a million repeat post but i just wanted a quick answer.

There aren't any polymer type that I know of for the B.  I fell in the same boat as you after purchasing mine.  There was a post on here a while back on an aftermarket metal mag that was a little cheaper than "name brand".  But unfortunately for the time being youre stuck with the armailite metals....

i as much figured. hey, while i`m on the questions of "what i may need", what do you guys think of the the CS flatwire recoil spring?

i plan on putting a super 3g trigger or gold trigger in this in the future. i also just purchased a Lantac Dragon brake.

was thinking the spring might just be a nice compliment for it.

was looking at this so i could get the quickest, fastest & "on-target" follow up shots possible.

what do you think?

Welcome, I tried some aftermarket mags, for the AR10 B and it turned out they didn't even fit. Fortunately I got my money back. You are left with two choices: Buy Armalite B mags direct from Armalite, or buy them at a slight discount from Cheaper Than Dirt, which is routinely castigated on this web site for predatory pricing of ammo and other firearms products when ever there is even a hint of a shortage. It really depends on your feeling about how they do business. Personally I am still trying to work out my opinion on this. If anyone knows any other good sources, please let us know.

thanks for the heads up. but i`ll pass on just 1.

any reason why magpul didn`t put forth the effort w/ a 10b mag?

do they think there is not enough of them out there?!

one more thing while i got you guy`s attention, i `ve been doing my own reloading

for all my 5.56 stuff and other weapons i have. being this is my first 308, i`ll be doing this too.

is there a tech section in this site for reloaders? interested in anyone`s data they may have.

using strickly 168gr match bullets, nato brass, and either imr 4895, reloader 15 or blc2.

unless someone else has had better results w/ some other powder. & cci lg rifle primers. ( not sure about magnum primers though)

step in if you like!  thanks guys!

i found the reloading section under ammunition. i`ll move this stuff there.

Edited by lx2008