• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hi everyone,

Searched though the threads and didn't see anything on the LR260.  I'm thinking about getting one and just wanted to get some feedback if anyone else had one.  I reload for both .260 and .308 among others so ammo isn't an issue.  Any issues related specifically to the LR260 vs the LR308?  I'll probably end up getting a .308 upper in the future or build one.

Maybe this is not just related to the .260 but are the DPMS's hard on brass as far as dents from ejection or from extraction?

Thanks,

Hawk

Hi everyone,

Searched though the threads and didn't see anything on the LR260.  I'm thinking about getting one and just wanted to get some feedback if anyone else had one.  I reload for both .260 and .308 among others so ammo isn't an issue.  Any issues related specifically to the LR260 vs the LR308?  I'll probably end up getting a .308 upper in the future or build one.

Maybe this is not just related to the .260 but are the DPMS's hard on brass as far as dents from ejection or from extraction?

Thanks,

Hawk

Some times .

Depends on how the rifle is set up .

I reload & if the ammo is on the high pressure side the brass will have a short life .

I would not worry about the dents ,if they don't size out ,they will shoot out .

• 2 months later...

I have a DPMS .260 upper on a POF lower and it shoots awesome. I have all but quit shooting .308 for long range. I do shoot a lot of .308 SBRs but for the long range shooting I'm sold on the the .260. It shoots flatter and has less recoil than the .308. The BC of the bullets is way higher and it is very easy to reload. It also seems(no scientific data to back this up) to shoot way better suppressed. I don't know why but it will shoot half inch groups at 200 suppressed and one inch groups unsuppressed. may have a lot to do with the monkey behind the gun.

I was looking at the. 260 first cuz already had an Encore in that caliber but wound up going with 6.5 Creedmoor ...almost identical case capacity and ballistics ..6.5 is shorter case so you can use the longer heavier bullets...not much but every bit counts when you have OAL constraints. I'd also read that the 6.5 feeds more reliably in an autoloader...That's probably neither here nor there ...more to do with mags than anything would be my guess...DPMS mags I have won't feed 2 in a row no how no way....mine shoots 140 Amax and 139 Normas best, both under. 50 inch at 100 yds...Sure you wouldn't be disappointed in either one