• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gerber Short Stack Tool for AR's

BLKSHEEP

I think it's all the bear grylls survival crap, and all the China stuff they sell. Really ruined the brand for me

From what I've been told, I'm pretty sure Gerber went to hell when they were bought by Fiskers.  Makes sense.  Somebody who makes really $hitty scissors isn't going to make a world-class knife.  Gerber made a magnificent sharpening steel.  I wrote to them a couple of times asking about the chances of getting another one, and didn't even get a reply. Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

Screw 'em!

I carried a Gerber Covert FAST knife every day for 4+ years. The coating kept the blade looking new and the edge held up the whole time. The scales started to get a little play in them so I sent it in, they mailed me a new one, just cost me the $3 shipping. 

There is a big difference between the Chinese stuff and the Made in USA stuff, don't write them off if you have a budget.

From what I've been told, I'm pretty sure Gerber went to hell when they were bought by Fiskers.  Makes sense.  Somebody who makes really $hitty scissors isn't going to make a world-class knife.  Gerber made a magnificent sharpening steel.  I wrote to them a couple of times asking about the chances of getting another one, and didn't even get a reply. Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

Screw 'em!

I still have 2 of them. The short one and the long one. They are good tools.