• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

RCBS .308 AR reloding dies

JGshooter

unless I've totally missed em these RCBS AR dies  are new to the reloading market. The seating die has a taper crimp! I've been using a Lee factory crimping die, these will nix that extra step.

http://www.cabelas.com/presses-dies-rcbs-series-small-base-die-rifle-set.shtml?type=product&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleBaseUSA&WT.z_mc_id1=1170689&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=FA41D3DE-3624-E011-8E88-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA

I don't generally taper crimp (or roll crimp ) at the same time as seating. .I like to feel the crimping process .

I do have a taper crimp die on one station on my Dillon & I don't size & load at the same time on the Dillon .

I size & deprime all my brass , then trim & clean & or swadge the primer pocket if needed than, I progressively load them .

Now that I think about it ,with the dillon ,its hard to get a feel of the taper crimp or roll crimp for that matter loading progressively.

So , I guess it would not matter if you seated & taper crimped at the same time . My trimmed brass are very close in length to one another so, once you set it up, it should work fine .

I 'm one of those Dinosaurs that believe in a small base die .

survivalshop, I am fairly new to .308AR reloading, do you use a short base resizing die?? I was told it was best to, but I also heard it over works your brass??

Yes ,I use SB dies for both 308 & 223. I have since I began reloading . Some say you don't need them & maybe most of the time you don't ,but do you want to be the % of the ones that might need it & have failure to feed because of it .

It is better to have & not need than to need & not have .

I get the same amount of loadings as others do with just full length resizing . I don't re anneal may brass , when it starts to show signs of fatigue , It goes to the scrap box.

I pick up so much new once fired range brass , I haven't bought any brass in a long time (except for my 300BLK ,you won't find it at the store or range )

• 5 months later...

I don't generally taper crimp (or roll crimp ) at the same time as seating. .I like to feel the crimping process .

I do have a taper crimp die on one station on my Dillon & I don't size & load at the same time on the Dillon .

I size & deprime all my brass , then trim & clean & or swadge the primer pocket if needed than, I progressively load them .

Now that I think about it ,with the dillon ,its hard to get a feel of the taper crimp or roll crimp for that matter loading progressively.

So , I guess it would not matter if you seated & taper crimped at the same time . My trimmed brass are very close in length to one another so, once you set it up, it should work fine .

I 'm one of those Dinosaurs that believe in a small base die .

You can add me to that list...