• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I learned to measure twice and order once...lol Bought the wrong rail!

HMM

Let me just say SLRrifleworks rocks!  I bought my 3rd rail from them for my 308 AR (other 2 were for AR15s).  Evidently I just eyeballed my upper and thought it was the higher of the two.  Stupid me...  And I didn't bother to check this before putting my upper together - I was like a kid opening presents on Christmas morning, I immediately put the rifle on the vise and began torquing the barrel nut down and putting the gas block on.  After all that I slid the rail on to mount it and what do you know, it's higher than the rail on the upper.  I immediately thought I just ate the cost of this rail for being stupid...  So I come in eat and calm down from kicking myself and think I'll just drop them a line to see if I could possibly pay a stupid tax and restocking fee so I could exchange it.  I had scratched the barrel nut a tad with the tool to tighten it so I knew it wasn't going to be an easy swap unless I could just trade out the rail itself.  

So it's 6:3ish-7:00 and I e-mail them with my order number and issue, offering to kick in some extra.  To my amazement I get a response within 5 minutes!  And they offered to swap everything out free of charge.  I have to get a new barrel nut too because it's a smaller size for the lower profile rail, which made me feel even worse because I was hoping all I had to do was change out the rail itself.  Even after again asking if I could throw in some extra they still said no.  Needless to say I'll order my next rail from them and ever other rail I ever use will be from SLRrifleworks.  That's top notch customer service right there!

I got my rail in today, test fit looked good.  Sadly I had to run out so I couldn't torque the barrel nut down until just a few minutes ago, everything lined up great!  I'm super stoked!  Just have to torque my surefire muzzle brake on and it'll be ready to test fire!

• 1 month later...

I got my rail in today, test fit looked good.  Sadly I had to run out so I couldn't torque the barrel nut down until just a few minutes ago, everything lined up great!  I'm super stoked!  Just have to torque my surefire muzzle brake on and it'll be ready to test fire!

How's it doing now? I just ordered a 14" low-profile keymod SLR Solo (and their barrel nut wrench) for my 308 Oracle, after sending them an email asking for a code. Got one for $50 off!