• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ATC Gold Issue

Lalmeida617

Hi guys this is my first post and I hope you could help me out. I just got this sweet trigger for my LR 308. I installed it as per the instructions. I watched there video and performed the safety checks they showed. I failed in 2 different places. 

1. When I disconnect the sear the hammer does stay back but when I flip the safety lever it does not reset. ( Also at rest and fully cocked the space is smaller than a playing cards thickness as per there instructions. (I assume but may be wrong I could correct this my milling .003-.006 off my safety selectors flat) please let me know if I am wrong. 4:28 in the video link http://youtu.be/v_Gjklakk0U

2. My next issue is a bigger problem not addressed in the instructions, I am trying to test the trigger reset. If I cock the bolt and pull the trigger the hammer drops...BUT HOLD IN THE TRIGGER I can't pull the bolt back! It goes about half way. If I keep pulling with normal pressure and let the trigger go, I can pull the bolt back. 

Any help would be great. I hope I don't need to return this sweet trigger. It breaks like a well tuned 1911. 

image.jpeg

Don't modify the safety, the trigger is manufactured with extra material where the safety cam engages it. That material is provided to allow for hand fitting where needed. Light filing on that section of the trigger is all that should be necessary to establish proper safety function, machining it under power is unnecessary and interferes with the function of the safety with other components with different specs.

If the Safety is interfering withTrigger travel , it can cause other issues , holding the trigger down & not being able to cycle the BCG , sounds like it could be a separate issue , but maybe not .

When you are cycling the BCG to the rear with the Trigger held down , the BC is pushing down on the Hammer & the Disconnector spring is also being compressed , because the disconnector Sear is being cam'ed or pivoted for it to catch on the Hammer"s safety disconnect Sear . You might be feeling the extra spring pressure . 
   If that is what you are describing .

Matt the reason I say mod the safety lever is because a safety lever is a lot cheaper to replace in the event I must return the trigger if it doesn't fix problem 2. If I adjust the trigger per there directions will the store still give me a refund or am I stuck with it? 

Survival no it is not just extra spring pressure. I can cock the gun fine at first but if I hold the trigger in the hammer will not have enough stroke downward (towards the grip) to allow the bolt to got over the top of the hammer. The tolerance is so close. If I release the trigger it allows hammer to push down deeper into the body of the trigger.  

Send that sucka back...there are too many great triggers that work perfectly....check out the rough justice group buy here from mech armor...now thats a nice trigger with the best customer service ive ever known      

279.00 bills for that trigger...are you $hitting me?    and I drink the Geissele  kool aid too...

Edited by washguy

Matt the reason I say mod the safety lever is because a safety lever is a lot cheaper to replace in the event I must return the trigger if it doesn't fix problem 2. If I adjust the trigger per there directions will the store still give me a refund or am I stuck with it? 

I see your point, giving ATC a call or email with that question would be in order before you take any metal off of it if you're unsure. I'll vouch for the trigger when it's installed and adjusted though, I like it even better than the Geiselle triggers I've tried, but that's just my $.02 on the matter.

Thank you guys for the replays. I will call them tomorrow. I am surprised they don't check this forum, are they a site sponsor? Washguy everyone seams to think this trigger is out of line at 279.00 but there seam to be many others in that price range as well. I know the Geiselle is a super trigger, Elfs,Timney, there are lots. I wanted a self contained trigger. Yes I am sure I could get a nice trigger for 100 less but what the hell  I have spend a bundle on this rifle already lol.  I just hope to get it workin properly. 

Washguy btw, I just looked at the group buy you talked about. WOW that is a smoking deal. If I have to return this I will get the Mech Armor with the charging handle for $150. (Like a soar D/@: can't beat it!) to bad it's a single stage I like the 2 stage better. 

I love double stages too...and love the G's....but this mech armor is just plain sweet!    and yes its like a sore one  Ha       Wash

Well I spoke with Ron today at PACT. He said I have a low cocking line on the bolt. So he would switch my hammer to one from an AR-15 which is .025 smaller which will allow bolt clearance. He said if I were to file the safety selector my first problem would get worse because the problem is with the round area on the selector. However.......PACT said they are putting out a new installation video in the next day or so which states that problem 1 is not a problem at all. The gun and safety will work just fine if the trigger does not reset after the sear is accidentally tripped from a drop. Your trigger pull will just be a little harder for that shot.