• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Steiner

My new Military 4-16x50 is due in today. FFP, MRAD and illuminated reticle. 34mm rings are right up there with pure gold coins. I guess they figure if you can afford the scope they can milk more out of you for rings. Got a 20moa cant mount to secure it to the top rail. I'll post a "review" later. If it works as planned, it will be $1400 well spent. I always said I would never spend more for a scope than what I paid for a rifle. Getting old makes you more "mellow", or as I call it, more forgiving. And forgetting.

I got her mounted. This is a big scope. Makes my Leupolds look like toys. I haven't looked through top tier military scopes in almost 50 years, but I can tell you this: I never looked through anything this good. My Unertl was long and skinny. Good glass but nowhere near this Steiner. It is awesome. Turret clicks are spot on and perfect. I used my bore sighter to check them out. The illumination has 11 settings: 4 night and 7 daytime. Each setting has an off setting between them. Pick the setting you want and one click either way turns it off. Absolute zero stop on the elevation which is perfect for night use. It is big and sturdy. I feel it is a bargain for $1400. When this Noah raining stops, I will take her for a spin and let you know how she does. I feel like she will be perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got her mounted. I used a 20moa mount first time and it didn't work out. I called Steiner and they told me the scope was made for a 45moa mount. Couldn't find one one under the price of a pound of gold so I went with a 40moa. I will get some pics when I get a chance.

BTW, when I spoke to them I asked if Steiner bought Burris or the other way around. The guy told me neither. Beretta bought them both. Seems some of the Steiners are being assembled in the Burris plant with all imported Steiner parts.

Beretta has become a sort of "Freedom Group" of Europe.

Except that they are a gun family, who kicks azz and will continue to improve products, rather than pinching every penny from production and quality control, then pinching a few more from customer service like Freedom Group.

Okay.  They're absolutely nothing like Freedom Group...who needs it IN THE NECK!!