• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

We need a 300BLK section

6132expert

We need a section dedicated to just the 300 's. To help keep information in order. JMO

Ok so I am looking at CMMG website and they have a 300BLK barrel in a pistol legnth gas system and carbine legnth. What would a person benefit for the pistol gas system on a 16 inch barrel over the carbine gas system?

Not just for cycling ,but to get it as quit as possible with a suppressor . More bbl. length after the gas port.

I know they like the pistol length gas system with the shorter bbl's..

Now how a pistol length gas system works with lighter bullets , that's another thing .

Its give & take , may work good with the heavy sub sonic bullet loads ,but not work too well with the lighter super sonic loads .

So far my 16" with carbine gas system functions every thing I have put through it , with out a problem .

The thread started in the Rifle section ,I suppose it could be moved to the Black rifle section . After all the ACC 300 BLK is mostly in AR type rifles ,but not exclusively .

Any thing going supersonic & breaking the sound barrier (around 1000 fps  or there abouts ), weight means nothing .

You can load up any thing ya want ,but as you said there's trade offs .

If you load a lighter bullet to subsonic spec's ,it most likely won't cycle too well in a carbine gas system rifle ,but a pistol length gas system it may work .

Now take a 220 gr. bullet & load it to subsonic & it may function in a wide variety of gas systems .

The added benefit of a big slow silent bullet is obvious in CQB.

Well, the 300BLK is a .308 AR...  It's just not a 7.26x51 AR.  <dontknow>

Speaking about it anywhere on the site fits talking about it anywhere on the site, from a caliber and weapons platform standpoint, but it's still different.  Having a separate section here, just like we have manufacturers sections, might not be a bad idea.  <thumbsup>  It's definitely something that's gonna be around for awhile, based on the support it's already got rolling with major manufacturers. 

My $0.02...  :o

You guys are funny. 6132expert I enjoy your passion. This isn't a dictatorship, the other admins have the keys to make changes as they see fit. Have at it Tom, give the people what they want  <thumbsup>

Not yet, we have to make it just under 2 more years and get someone in the White House that can help Trump the major issues of this once great nation!

On another hand I just feel like there s already a lot of info on this site about the 300BLK , but it is scattered around and I would like to see all this great info in an appropriate section.

This isn't a dictatorship, the other admins have the keys to make changes as they see fit. Have at it Tom, give the people what they want  <thumbsup>

Oh Lordy, the keys to Dad's car...  <laughs>  I guess I opened my mouth, didn't I?  I'll go brew something up and see how it turns out.  <thumbsup>